As an officially ICANN accredited registrar, we accept registration applications for the new top level domain .zuerich
Only companies and public corporations with their registered office and activities in the canton of Zurich can register the new top level domain. The official launch date is December 2, 2021.
As registry operator, the Canton of Zurich guarantees the quality and security of the .zuerich domain, representing the new top level domain for the strongest economic region in Switzerland with its excellent reputation.
Please use the form below for your registration
For any questions before, during or after the registration application, please contact us personally. Contact
Early applications are permitted in the following cases
An entry in the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) is also required. If you are a trademark owner and would like to register this term for a .zuerich domain, but you are missing the TMCH entry, we are happy to support you personally.
Price point: CHF 435.-
Canton, municipalities, administrations, universities, schools and others.
In this case, it must be proven that the applicant is supported by the public sector by at least 70%.
Please note the conditions listed above. Helpful links to the above topics can be found at the end of this page.
The 3 phases
Note: Please note that the registration is only possible directly and not on behalf of third parties.
- Phase 1 – Trademark owners – beginning August 30
- Trademark owners can submit an application to register their .zuerich domain as early as August 30.
- Phase 2 – Public-rectal starting September 30
- Public-law organizations with their administrative headquarters in the Canton of Zurich can submit an application as of September 30.
- Phase 3 – Free registrations – beginning December 2
- Finally, from December 2, free registration of all stakeholders will be possible.
- Swiss Trademark Registry: https://www.swissreg.ch/
- Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH): https://trademark-clearinghouse.com/de
- The exact registration conditions can be found on the website of the Canton of Zurich: https://www.zh.ch/de/wirtschaft-arbeit/domain-zuerich/registrierungsinfo.html#main_accordion
- You can find further information from the Canton of Zürich here: https://www.zh.ch/de/wirtschaft-arbeit/domain-zuerich/registrierungsinfo.html#-82891754
- You can find more information on the launch of the new Top Level Domain: https://faq.swizzonic.ch/en/launch-tld-zuerich/