If your connection type is POP3, you can insert the new access data into the account settings. Incoming emails will be checked and saved locally on your computer.
If your connection type is IMAP, you can upload the files as follows:
- Outlook: Import all of the emails of the .pst file.
- If you have used the solution by audriga.com, please follow the instructions in the menu.
- If you have kept the existing account in your email program, you can open a new account in your mail program and connect it to the newly set up mailbox. Now you can move your emails from the inactive mailbox to the new one by using the Drag & Drop function.
– As soon as this process is complete, you can delete the existing account off your portable devices (smartphones, tablets etc.) and install a new one using the new access data. After a successful synchronisation you should be able to have access to all your data.
– IMPORTANT: Do not use the same password of the old for the new mailbox! This prevents the sever from accidentally wanting to connect to the old mailbox.
Emails that have been sent during the interruption are not lost! Outgoing mail servers are usually set up in a way, that the program will try and send the email within 24h.