Information on the launch of the new Top Level Domain .zuerich
.zuerich is the domain for Switzerland’s strongest economic region. It is exclusively available to companies and public holdings based in the canton of Zurich. As registry operator, the Canton of Zurich guarantees the highest quality and security of the .zuerich domain.
Click here to get to the registration form for the .zuerich domain. Form
Requirements for a successful registration
You can purchase a .zuerich domain if you belong to one of the following categories:
- Company or organization with a commercial register entry (UID No.), administrative headquarters and active operations in the Canton of Zurich.
- Public companies or organization underlying the public law with a registered office in the Canton of Zurich.
- Association, specialist unit or similar organization with registered office in the Canton of Zurich, without an entry in the Commercial Register, but with major and long-term activity for a public-law corporation or an organization underlying the public law with registered office in the Canton of Zurich (confirmation required).
-> Private individuals cannot acquire a .zuerich domain.
The introduction of the .ZUERICH domain takes place in several phases
Certain domain names cannot be registered directly. They are reserved and will be allocated in time due if applicable.
The first tender will be issued in 2022 at the earliest.
The introduction of the .ZUERICH domain will unfold in multiple phases
- Starting from the 30. August until the 29. October 2021, trademark owners with a registered trademark in the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) and with a commercial register entry and administrative headquarters in the Canton of Zurich will be able to pre-order .ZUERICH domains.
- From the 30. September to the 29. October 2021, public corporations with their registered office in the canton of Zurich will also be entitled to pre-order .ZUERICH domains.
- From the 22. November 2021, onwards .ZUERICH domains will become generally available for companies and organisations under public law that are active in the Canton of Zurich and meet the allocation requirements.
Restrictions with the domain registration
Certain domain names cannot be registered directly. They are reserved for the time being and will be allocated by tender if necessary.
-> Download: List of reserved terms for the top level domain .zuerich
The first tender will take place in 2022 at the earliest.
Price: CHF 119.- (no hidden costs)
Daily prices during the “Dutch auction”: on request
Entry in the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH): CHF 435.-
As an accredited registrar for the extension .zuerich we will be at your disposal for any questions regarding the registration.