In your Dashboard, you can also discover Growth opportunities which are useful tips and advice to create discounts, coupons, or other promotions. Click on the suggestion to implement the tip or click Dismiss to move on to the next helpful tip.
When you scroll down the Dashboard, you will enter the wizard that helps you set up your Online Store. You can easily view the areas that require your attention and share your store progress on social networks. Your store ID is at the bottom of your Dashboard.
Regional store settings
One of the most essential parts of setting up your Online Store is configuring your regional settings which include:
- Store language
- Date and time
- Weight and size units
These settings are important for accurate payment, taxes, and payment information in your store orders. Ideally, you should get these settings right before launching your store.
To access Regional Settings, navigate to Control Panel > Settings > Regional Settings.
Here’s how you can set your store currency:
- Find your currency in the Currency drop-down menu and set the necessary currency sign. If the selected currency has an official prefix, it will be added to Currency symbol prefix field automatically.
- Choose to add or remove zero signs in your prices, depending on your pricing structure. Click on Enable link to remove double zero.
- When you have finished setting up your currency, click Save in the upper-right corner or Ctrl-S.
Here’s how you can change your store language:
Your store language will be used in your store itself, your product catalog, email notifications, and invoices.
To make your store multilingual, you can enable additional languages in Language Settings. This article will show you how to make your store support multiple languages
Here’s how you can set Date & Time:
These settings help accurately estimate the shipping time and send timely email notifications. You can choose your time zone from the drop-down list and also set your preferred date and time display format. Similar to the currency settings, you can choose whether to display trailing zeroes in your weight and size measurements.
Here’s how you can set Weight & Size:
These settings will affect your product catalog as well as your shipping rates so make sure to set them carefully. Depending on the type of products you are selling, you can choose the relevant product weight unit, for example, carats (ct) if you are selling jewelry or kilograms (kg) if you are selling heavier items.
Similar to the currency settings, you can choose whether to display trailing zeroes in your weight and size measurements.
After you have finished customizing the weight and size settings, don’t forget to click Save to apply the changes.
Congratulations! You have successfully modified your Online Store’s regional settings.
Adding products to online store & managing customers
There are two ways of adding products: manual and automatic with product importing. In this tutorial, we will explore the first, manual way. To start adding a product, navigate to Products and click + Add New Product to start building your product catalog.
In the product management page, you can do the following:
- Upload your product image
- Add your product name
- Add a product description
- Enter a price
- Add a product to a Category
- Choose related products
- Customize tax and shipping options
Here’s how you can add product images:
You can add one main image and any number of additional detailed images to each product. We recommend using JPG, PNG and GIF images in the RGB color model for your products.
Tip: You can also drag images from a folder on your computer and drop them on that product’s management page to get them uploaded.
When you add multiple images to a product, the first uploaded image is considered the main product image. Ecwid shows the main image in the product list and the product page.
If you want to change the order of the images, you can drag them in the product management page. To set any picture as the main product image just place it first.
Here’s how you can costomize the appearance of your images:
You can also customize the appearance of images in Configuration > Design.
Here you can:
- Pick the size and aspect ratio for the main images in the product list
- Choose if additional images should appear in product pages in the form of thumbnails or full-sized images
- Choose if you want to show additional images on hover in the product list.
If you choose to show additional images as thumbnails on product pages, upon a click on such thumbnail, your Online Store will show a popup with a bigger image.
Here’s how you can resize images:
All images are automatically resized to fit the customer’s screen. This allows seeing the whole image without scrolling. If the original image is bigger than the resized image, a customer can click + to see the image in its original size.
Once you are done customizing the product, click Add new product button. Repeat these steps for all other products you want to offer in your store.
Managing customers and communicating with them is crucial for running the online business. Every time a new customer places an order in your Online Store, they appear on your customer list.
Here’s how you can manage customers:
Every time a new customer places an order in your Online Store, they appear on your customer list. You can see and manage your customers by navigating to My Sales > Customers.
You can edit several settings for your customers. To access the editing menu, click on the pencil icon. Alternatively, choose a customer in the table and click Modify button. You can change the following settings for your customers:
- Create groups, offer group discounts & add customers. For example, creating a Wholesalers group. Read more about creating customer groups.
- If you charge taxes in your store, you can mark some customers as tax exempt.
- Change email marketing permissions: toggle the green switch to be able to send promotional emails to the customer. Please note the new changes to email marketing to EU-based customers.
- See all orders placed by a specific customer by clicking on the number in the Order count column.
When customers place an order or create an account in your store, they automatically appear on your customer list. In their accounts in your Online Store your customers can:
- View order, status, current payment and fulfillment statuses.
- Specify the VAT ID: when a customer enters their VAT ID, it will auto-fill on checkout
Logging into the customer account
After an order is placed, the customer’s account is created automatically for the email address used. To access their accounts, your customers use their email address – no password is necessary.
Tip: Since the login link is sent to the email address, only the owner of the email address is able to log into the account. This link can be used only once and will expire in 14 days. Here’s how your customers can log in:
- They click the Sign in link and enter their Email address.
- After the email has been validated by the system, your customer receives the link in their inbox.
- When the customer clicks the link, they are taken back to the storefront and they are logged in. Now they can view their order history, add or edit a new address, or update their email address. Your customers can also view their order history for any selected time range.